What is GMIC Beijing?
Established in 2009, the Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC) Beijing is Asia’s most influential mobile conference. The next iteration, to take place on May 5-6, 2014, will attract over 10,000 mobile industry executives, entrepreneurs, developers and investors from 30+ countries.
This year’s theme, Mobilizing the Next 5 Billion, will explore the importance of innovation as the mobile internet becomes the first access point for the next wave of global technology consumers. In order to be successful, companies must strike a strategic balance between serving these new users while continuing to engage an existing population that has embraced mobile as a primary access point. The conference will also exhibit the impact of new innovations on daily lifestyles through a variety of different lenses including wearable devices, mobile internet financing and mobile entertainment content.
From high-level panels to spirited competitions, GMIC is the leading global platform for industry leaders to network, collaborate and celebrate innovative work. Varying in size and scope, tracks allow participants to select from a menu of different interest areas and events at the GMIC conference, including:
- appSpace: Catering to developers, a competition will spotlight the world’s most innovative apps
- Global Game Summit: Connecting game developers with global publishers, distributors, investors and media
- Going Global: Featuring market specific perspectives of top mobile markets
- G-Startup: Connecting mobile startups to potential partners and investors
- Mobile Internet Financing: Exploring the role of mobile in the banking space
- Mobile Marketing: Bridging the gap between global advertisers and leading developers
- MoBiz: Bringing together traditional industries and application developers
- Thought Leader: Keynotes, fireside chats, and panel discussions from leading pioneers and executives
- Wearable Devices: Surveying disruptive technologies such as connected and wearable devices
Why attend GMIC Beijing?
The mobile Internet has transformed every industry, from business and entertainment to education and health. Leaders in technology not only have an opportunity to profit from the growth in mobile technology, but to also empower and connect global communities. GMIC helps companies enter new markets and accelerate innovation, by offering a platform for information-sharing and sustainable partnerships.
Who will participate in GMIC Beijing?
- Confirmed speakers for GMIC Beijing 2014 include:
- Charles Chao, CEO, Sina
- Chen Haozhi, CEO, Chukong
- Dave Morin, CEO, Path
- Joe Wu, CEO, 91 Mobile
- Lei Jun, CEO, Xiaomi
- Naveen Tewari, CEO, InMobi
- Pony Ma, CEO, Tencent
- Yu Yongfu, CEO, UCWeb
- Hugo Barra, VP, Xiaomi
- Vaughan Smith, VP, Facebook
- Selected attendees of GMIC Beijing 2013 can be found here.
Where is GMIC Beijing?
GMIC Beijing will take place at the China National Convention Center, located in Olympic Park in Beijing. Throughout the year, GMIC will also host satellite conferences in Silicon Valley, Tokyo, and New Delhi.
How do I get involved with GMIC Beijing?
- To register and for more information, please visit here.
- For GMIC sponsorship opportunities, please visit here.